I believe that each child is a unique individual who needs a secure, caring and stimulating environment in which they can wander, explore and discover. Each child has their own personalities, skills, interests and desires. I view the child as an investigator and a scientist! Each day children express new ideas and interests in new materials. I believe children are competent and capable as learners and as teachers of their peers. I believe as a teacher that I can learn with the children. I learn about new topics, about the children and about myself as a teacher.
It is my desire as an educator to help each child reach their fullest potential by observing, interacting with, scaffolding, and by providing an environment that promotes risk-taking, exploration, literacy and idea-sharing. I believe there are three important elements to providing such an environment. As the teacher I must act as their guide, the child must be allowed to use their natural curiosity and we teach respect of people and things. Because each child is unique, I strive to accommodate each type of learner with a play-based curriculum which allows children of all developmental levels to have appropriate challenges. It is our diversity that adds to the richness of our little community.
I am the mother of 5 children and grandmother to 4. I began my career in Early Childhood Education nearly 30 years ago. I have a family that is very involved in the operation of my business. My husband builds many of the items in our classroom and outdoors. My adult children are my substitutes and an excellent set of helping hands when they visit.
- I have received the Minnesota Child Care Credential
- I have my Child Development Associates Credential
- I have current CPR/First Aid/Suids/AHT training as required by licensing.
- I consistently reach a minimum of 50-150 hours of continued education yearly.
- I am rated 4 Stars by Minnesota’s Parent Aware rating system. 4 stars is the highest rating possible. 4 Star programs are identified as using best practices for preparing children for kindergarten.
- I have been licensed in Washington County, Ramsey County and Scott County since 1989.
Thank you for your interest in my program!